De facto Standard
Since its introduction back in 1995, PHP has grown to become one of the most popular tools for server-side scripting. A survey in late 2013 shows, that almost 40% of all web servers use PHP. Being a free software and its relatively short learning curve have attracted a large community over the years. Nowadays PHP comes with a number of open-source libraries and ready-to-use database drivers.
In time, a number of software frameworks for PHP have emerged, offering versatile generic functionality. Using a proven framework can have a number of advantages:
- The framework can take over the flow of control.
- It provides a reliable authentication and authorizations mechanisms.
- It imposes coding standards.
- All this enable rapid development of applications.
Our team has created numerous applications, based on different frameworks, so we have a broad overview of what is available out there. In time, we have accumulated a vast library of ready-to-use software building blocks. This is also called code reuse and helps to:
- Speed up the development process.
- Reduce the time needed for testing.
- Ultimately keep costs low.